Yummy, filling, I ate it as my lunch. It’s a great side dish or starter salad and super refreshing.
I originally saw this recipe as a dish I was prepping for my boss. The recipe called for grilled corn which I recommend but for today’s lunch I just boiled an ear for 11 minutes.
This recipe serves one.
What you’ll need:
1/4cup chopped cilantro
1 ear of corn (outside and silk removed)
1/4 cup of red diced red onion
1 half of avocado cubed
1 half of a freshly squeezed lime
1 tbsp coarse salt it really makes a big difference
1. In a pot of water place the ear of corn and cover with water. Cover. Bring to a boil and continue to boil for about 10-15 minutes.
2. Chop the cilantro, dice the onion, cube the avocado and place together in a small bowl.
3. Squeeze lime over contents in bowl and sprinkle the salt. Set aside.
Once corn is done
4. Stab one end of the corn with either fork or corn holder. Cut off kernels of corn into the bowl with the cilantro mixture.
5. Mix all ingredients together and enjoy.